What is Glucose?
Glucose could be a monosaccharose with six carbon atoms and one group. This monosaccharide has a formula C6H12O6.
It is conjointly referred to as glucose. it's observed as hexose because it contains half dozen carbon atoms associate degreed an group. It will open in 2 forms, acyclic or ring structure. it's synthesized within the liver and kidneys of animals. In plants, it's found in fruits and in numerous components of plants. D- aldohexose is that the present variety of aldohexose. It will occur either within the solid or liquid kind. it's soluble and is additionally soluble in carboxylic acid. it's odorless and sweet to style. within the year 1747, Andreas Marggraf a German chemist isolated aldohexose from raisins. within the year 1838, Jean Baptiste Dumas coined the word aldohexose.
Properties of aldohexose – C6H12O6
Molecular Weight/ Molar Mass 180.16 g/mol
Density 1.54 g/cm³
Melting Point 146 °C
Simple sugar Monosaccharide
Glucose Structure – C6H12O6
Glucose is referred to as hexose likewise as glucose. it's a chemical compound of the many larger compounds like carbohydrates, starch, and polysaccharide. On earth, this can be the foremost thick organic compounds. On the premise of the subsequent proof it absolutely was assigned the structure illustrated above:
1. it's a chemical formula of C6H12O6
2. once HI is heated for a protracted time, n-hexane is made that indicates that each one the six carbon atoms area unit joined in a very open chain.
3. The organic compound is made once aldohexose reacts with hydroxylamine and cyanohydrins on the addition of chemical compounds to that. This reaction will make sure the presence of the radical in aldohexose.
4. On the reaction of aldohexose with a gentle chemical agent like Br water, the aldohexose gets a change to an acid that contains six carbon atoms. this means that the cluster|group|radical|chemical group} is a gift as an aldehyde group.
5. The presence of the -OH cluster is confirmed when the acylation of aldohexose with carboxylic acid which supplies aldohexose pentaacetate.
6. Glucose likewise as gluconic acid each yields group acid and carboxylic acid on oxidization with aqua fortis. The presence of primary alcohol is indicated by this.
Uses Of aldohexose (C6H12O6)
·It is employed within the treatment of symptom (low blood sugar)
·It is given to patients UN agency area unit terribly sick and can't eat because it provides supermolecule calories
·It is employed within the treatment of exaggerated atomic number 19 levels within the blood (hyperkalemia)
·It is employed as a precursor for the synthesis of substance.
Solved 05-07-2020 Subhani majoka 877
Enjoy all the features. Browse jobs, articles, questions, scholarships and many more! in just one App